Yes, we offer children’s training we have a separate training program for kids. Teenagers are welcome too and they often train together with all age groups.
- Do you train children / teenagers?
- How young do children have to be to enroll?
We accept children that are 7 years of age and older. In some cases we might accept children earlier, at the age of 6, if they are built big and strong. We evaluate them during sign up.
- What martial arts can I train with you?
Currently we offer permanent courses for Kickboxing, Krav Maga and Kung Fu. More to come soon!
- What does the training cost?
The course fees are based on the class you take and training sessions associated with that class. Fees start at just €35 a month.
- Can I come in for a free trial?
Yes, you can! Just sign up for a FREE trial class and we will let you know when to come in. It’s non-binding and absolutely free. You just need to make an appointment.
- I am not in my best shape. Can I still join?
Yes! And in fact — you should! You can join us at any time, at any level. We will make sure your training is suitable for your physical condition and together we will get you fit.
- I am free now. Can I just come over and train?
Unfortunately not. This is not possible for insurance reasons. You can still come in for training or a free class but you need to make an appointment before that.
- Do you do private training and what does it cost?
Yes, we do private training and classes. The cost depends on the type of training or class, its duration, your level, performance, etc. Contact us for cost estimates.
- I own a business. Can I book a self-defense course for my employees?
Yes, you can. You can either come in to our gym or we can also come over to your company and train there. We also have exclusive programs, meaning that you and your employees will be trained exclusively and privately by us.
- Do you train security professionals?
Yes, we do! We can do the physical training and then you can take your theoretical training and exams with the IHK. We continuously train security professionals and prepare them for real life.
- Are there self-defense classes for women only?
Yes, we have courses that are for women only. Contact us to book a place.
- Am I too old for training with you?
That is unlikely! We have had people as old as 70 attend our classes and have a great time.
- Do I have to start in Level 1 if I’m already skilled in martial arts?
All new students will start out in a Level 1 classes, regardless of previous experience. During the class we will evaluate you and decide if you need to move to a different level. Our training system is inherently different from traditional and sport martial arts. Members who have previous martial arts experience may advance more quickly than other members. We guarantee that you will find our Level 1 classes challenging and fun!
- Is your training too intense for “regular people”?
Absolutely not. High End Defense programs are to teach people of all abilities, ages and athleticism how to effectively defend themselves against attackers. While we teach a no-nonsense self-defense system, the classes are conducted in a way that is safe, fun and effective.
- What should I expect on my first class?
We teach in a safe and welcoming environment. Expect to get a great cardio workout in with a nice warm-up of body-weight exercises, calisthenics and Tabata drills. From there, we will work on teaching 2-3 combative techniques such as punches, kicks, elbows, etc., mix in some high intensity drills and then finish it off with a self-defense technique such as how to escape from a headlock or a choke. In your first class, you will NOT be sparring, fighting or purposefully punching/striking anyone or being punched/struck. In short, you’ll have a great time, sweat a ton, meet new people and you’ll leave feeling like you actually learned something while getting a great workout!
- What should I wear to class?
Trial classes and beginners
- Gym shoes that you do not wear outside.
- Typical gym attire (workout shorts/pants and a tee shirt)
Members and advanced students
- Groin protection (mandatory for men; recommended for women)
- Mouth guard
- Any other attire or protection that we have advised you to during your previous classes